Wednesday 22 January 2014

Cute storage ideas

Having moved home from university I suddenly realised I had enough stuff to live comfortably in two cities and now had to get it all into one fairly small room. My clothes have been packed like a game of Tetris however for my makeup and jewellery I have managed to find some very cute, affordable storage options.

The first one and something I must say I am quite obsessed with are stackers. If you haven’t heard of these before they are basically a brand of jewellery boxes which you can buy extra  levels for and stack them up, (available here). I have the duck egg blue colour and so far have the small section lid and the deep base. They are so perfect as I keep all my big chunky jewels in the bottom and my more delicate bits up the top. I think they are very well priced and also make great presents!



 









The second thing I am totally obsessed with is acrylic storage. I am sure if you don’t have these already you have heard of them as every blogger and her cat seems to have the ones from Muji but I just can’t get enough. Mine are actually from French Connection and I have filled them with some of my nail varnishes, yes I have loads, blog post coming soon I promise! Very similar storage boxes are  available in Muji in store and online here and are perfect for all sorts of makeup, brushes, jewellery and other girly essentials. As well as buying the boxes you can also get inserts for them such as this ring holder and jewellery tray which are so cheap!





I've also got these cute little Ikea buckets which I use for spare make-up brushes and lipsticks, they are a bit overfilled but do the job and I kinda like it. I can't find the exact links for these but there are some similar ones here and here.





My final storage method is this adorable box that my work colleague bought for me when he went on holiday to Pakistan... not very helpful if you want to get your hands on one I know but I have seen them around in markets. Alternatively put 'handcrafted jewellery chest' into google and lots of similar ones come up. I have put all my left over nail varnishes that don't fit in my muji storage box in here and I think it looks like an exploding treasure chest.





What do you use to store all your make-up and jewellery in? Am I missing out on any spectacular storage solutions?






4 comments:

  1. Some lovely ideas,,, im always lusting over the MUJI storage!!

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same i love it! Loved your storage blog too!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you girls! I have already done it in a previous post though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this little box! So cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link when commenting so I can have a little look!